The XBOUND Convert Images activity provides functionality to convert PDF media into additional formats, such as TIFF or JPEG. Depending on the PDF file being converted, the Convert Images activity may need to access external resource files that contain additional information referenced in the PDF file.
Additional references within the file can include the following:
- Internet references
Internet references cannot be resolved by XBOUND, as generally the application does not have an open internet connection. XBOUND provides a bundle of the most commonly used fonts and CMaps in order to accurately convert most PDF files; however, in some cases the PDF file contains resources that are unavailable to XBOUND. These resources can be added so that the PDF file is correctly converted to the desired format.
Do the following to install the missing font or CMap files in XBOUND:
- On a computer with a default Adobe Reader installation, create backup copies of the following folders:
- [drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader <version>\Resource\CMap
- [drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader <version>\Resource\Font
- Open the affected PDF file in the default Adobe Reader installation. The missing resources will be installed automatically by Adobe Reader.
- Review both the CMap and Font folders, and then compare them with the backup copies created in step 1.
- Copy any new font or CMap files into the corresponding XBOUND folders on all servers that perform the Convert Images activity.
- [drive]:\Program Files (x86)\ReadSoft\xbound\PDFXPRESS\CMap
- [drive]:\Program Files (x86)\ReadSoft\xbound\PDFXPRESS\Font
- Restart all activity services.
- Convert the PDF file within XBOUND.