How to create an invoice
After completing this how-to you will know how to create an invoice using Invoice Portal.
Begin by selecting Invoice > Create New. You will get to this page:
The first step in creating an invoice is to seek out the recipient in the Search field. You can do this by using the search function. We recommend that you search on the recipient's organization number. Searching on the Company name also works.
Here's How it looks when you get a hit on your search:
If This is a recipient that you will invoice often, you can click in the Star icon on the far left. The receiver will then be saved. This will prevent you from having to perform a search on the next billing.
Recipients that you do not get a hit on but who can receive e-invoices
If you do not get a hit on the recipient and you know that they can receive an e-invoice, please contact Kofax or your Kofax partner. Your recipient need to be added to a register with Kofax Invoice Portal. We need to know your recipient's name, corporate identity number and which VAN operator they receive invoices from.
Many recipients choose to use a third-party operator to manage conversion between different formats, communication, security and traffic monitoring. VAN stands for Value Added Network and is an operator of business to business (B2B) traffic. The Operators have interconnection agreements between each other, making mass connection smooth.
Recipients who are unable to receive e-invoices
If you have a customer who is not able to receive e-invoices but who can receive by e-mail (PDF invoice), you can still invoice the customer via the Invoice portal. In order for these receivers to be searchable, the first step is to create a customer card for the recipient.
Here's How to do it: [SEPARATE ARTICLE - add link]
To be able to create an invoice for your recipient, select/click the recipient listed when you complete your search, then you will be taken to this page:
Fill in the fields that you need to enter information in. Select the little question marks next to some fields to get an explanation.
Invoice Information and Vendor contact information
- Invoice number – Fill in your invoice number, both numbers and letters can be used
- Invoice Type – Select a debit or credit note
- Issue Date – Automatically filled in when the invoice is created
- Currency – Currency for the invoice amounts
- Language – Which language should the invoice fields have
- Supplier contact – Your contact person for this invoice
- Email Address – Contact person's email address
- Mobile Phone – Contact person's mobile number
Buyer's contact information and invoice header information
- Buyer contact – Your customer's contact person for this invoice
- Email Address – Customer's contact email address
- Mobile Phone – Customer's contact person's mobile number
- Free Text – Space for entering information as free text, a message for the customer on the invoice
- Buyer order number – Customer's order number for this invoice
- Buyer’s Reference 1 – Customer reference regarding this invoice. Some customers require, for example, that you specify a cost center, then it must be stated in this box. If a reference is required, the recipient should inform you of this.
- Days left until due date – Payment must be made within the number of due dates
- Due Date – The Payment must be made at the latest on the due date. The Date is filled in automatically depending on how many due dates you specify.
- Payment Reference (OCR) – A numerical code that facilitates automatic accounting of payments
- Payment terms - Your conditions of use for this customer
- Delay terms – Your terms In case of late payment
Here you fill in the delivery information. If you click "More Details" You can also fill in the shipping address and carrier.
Above you will find an example of how an Invoice line might look like.
- Line – The Line number of the invoice line is automatically assigned as a sequential number
- Description – The Item that you are invoicing
- Supplier Art.no – Item number of the product/service
- Quantity – Quantity
- Unit – For example, if it is an object you invoice, you choose "Pcs". Should you invoice for a service, you can use the number of hours
- Price – Price in your chosen currency
- Unit Price Base – The Quantity the price is based on
- Discount% – If there would be a discount on the item, it is listed here. However, This only works as a ledger for the rebate. Therefore, you need to deduct the amount on the invoice line itself. If it is a 50% discount and the painting really cost 1000 kr you have to indicate that the price is 500 kr.
- Line Amount – The Invoice portal calculates this using the Quantity * Price
- Vat – Which VAT that is applicable on the line. If the VAT is 0% then you have to check "Tax exemption"
- Tax exemption text – If you have checked the " Tax exemption" then you must also indicate the reason for this. A short sentence is Enough.
f you are going to bill for several different articles You can add more lines by clicking "New line".
This is where it is possible to attach files/documents. Such as for instance a packing slip.
At the bottom of the page, the invoice is automatically summed up. Here you can also calculate amount rounding by using the Calculate button.
Below the invoice summary area you will find these important buttons.
- Save – If You don't want to send the invoice at once, you can save it. It is stored in Drafts. You can find your draft under Invoice > Draft. You can at a later time access the invoice again and send it.
- Check – Press this button to make Invoice Portal verify that you have filled in the required fields on the invoice.
- PDF - By selecting the PDF button, the invoice is saved as a PDF file. This also allows you to preview the invoice before sending it.
- Send – Select this button to send the invoice to the recipient
- Cancel – If you do not want to save or send the invoice, click "Cancel". Then delete the invoice.
After you click Send Is the invoice sent! If you have any questions or problems, you can always contact support! Contact details can be found on the cover page.
This how-to guide outlines how to create an invoice in the Invoice Portal.
Read more about Recipients:
Invoice Portal online help file https://docshield.kofax.com/InvoicePortal/en_US/help/RSI_InvoicePortal_help/c_welcometoinvoiceportal.html --> Look up "Customers"
Recipients that you do not get a hit on but who can receive e-invoices. [ADD LINK]
Recipients who are unable to receive e-invoices. [ADD LINK]