To change an encrypted database password in INVOICES, do the following:
- Open the eiglobal.ini in a text editor, such as Notepad.
- In the [Database] section, do the following:
- Delete the value in the EncryptedPassword field.
- Type 0 (zero) in the UseEncryptedPassword field.
- Type the new password in the Password field.
- Save the changes to the eiglobal.ini file, then confirm INVOICES is able to connect to the database using the new credentials by opening the Manager module.
- Return to the eiglobal.ini file, type 1 (one) in the UseEncryptedPassword field to enable the setting, then save the changes.
- Re-open the Manager module to have the value for Password encrypted.
For additional information, please see How to locate the eilocal.ini and eiglobal.ini files used by INVOICES.
Article # 301682