To successfully configure the Microsoft OCR service integration for NAV and D365 BC through a ReadSoft Online partner.
How the OCR service works
Documents are sent for OCR by using the function "Send to OCR service" in NAV/D365BC. It can also be uploaded manually by using the web user interface in ReadSoft Online, or sent by email, by using the Email Input service.
The OCR results are received by using the Job queue "OCR - Receive from Service" in NAV/D365BC, which connects to Readsoft Online on a regular interval (based on how it is configured). All documents with status "Ready for export" are imported. It can also be imported manually by clicking "Receive from OCR service".
Configure ReadSoft Online
- Setup a customer account in Readsoft Online
- Create at least one user or admin account
- Make sure the target system for Dynamics NAV or API is activated
- Go to the OCR service setup view in NAV/D365BC
- Type in the user name created in Readsoft Online
- Type in the password for the user name created in Readsoft Online
- Type in the Authorization Key, which is the API key for the partner account. It can be found in the target system view in Readsoft Online
- Click Test connection
- After a successful connection, select "Enabled"
- To sync supplier master data, select "Master Data Sync Enabled"