Question / Problem:
In Invoices I have one or more Invoices that are completely stuck in the system. I cannot delete them, cannot re-route them to another profile. What can I do to remove them from the system without digging into the SQL database directly.
Answer / Solution:
Sometimes you can have Invoices in the Invoices database that are corrupted and that need to be deleted completely. There is no way of deleting a specific Invoice because of this corruption. There is an option though to remove ALL Invoices from a profile. Follow the steps below to achieve this.
Steps to follow:
- Stop the Interpret and Transfer services before you do this. Make sure to process all other Invoices before doing this.
- Any Invoices that you want to keep need to be moved to another Profile first. Select these Invoices and re-route them to another Profile temporarily. If you only have one profile, then you should either create a profile for temporary use, or just make sure that all Invoices are processed and transferred so only corrupted Invoices are still in the profile.
- Now the only Invoices still connected to this profile should be the one(s) that are corrupted.
- Open the menu and click on 'Administration --> Clear database'
- Select 'Invoices' under Objects and select 'Connected to single invoices profile:'
- Then select the profile that has these corrupted Invoices in it.
- Click on 'Clear' and all Invoices connected to this profile will be deleted.
- After this action you can re-route the parked Invoices back to this profile.
- Restart the Interpret and Transfer services.
The reason this method will work is that the 'Clear Database' job will not check any specific Invoice, but will clear all invoices from a profile without checking for database corruption. By parking the Invoices you want to keep to another profile, you make sure that you will not lose any Invoice.
|ReadSoft invoices||All versions||Troubleshooting|