Question / Problem:
A customer want to sync master data using Excel, but since Excel can only sync existing, how do they create the master data to sync to.
Answer / Solution:
Since Excel can only sync existing, you need to create master data using Online Connect.
- Create an XML file according to the template here: https://docs.readsoftonline.com/help/eng/partner/master-data/c_master_data_generic_objects.html
- Configure Readsoft Online Connect to create the new master data. Click the plus sign in the bottom left in the Master Data window in the configuration.
- Name the master data and specify the name of the master data XML file.
- Click through the configuration and save.
- Check in the admin pages that the master data is created.
- Now you can use the Excel plugin to update the master data.
- Remember, the Excel add-in will only sync generic master data connected to a field.