Documents that have the Microsoft Office Protected View applied will not process successfully within DOCUMENTS or the COLLECTOR converters.
To turn off Protected View for the affected documents, follow these steps:
- Within either Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel, click File, and then click Options in the left pane.
- In the left pane, click Trust Center, and then in the right pane, click Trust Center Settings.
- In the left pane, click Trusted Locations, and then select the Allow Trusted Locations on my network check box.
- Click Trusted Documents, and then ensure that the Allow documents on a network to be trusted check box is selected.
- Click Protected View, and then clear all check boxes.
- Click Message Bar, and then click Never show information about blocked content.
- Click File Block Settings, and then clear all check boxes.
- Click OK for the changes to take effect.
- Additionally, a new parameter needs to be added in the Windows Registry to allow trusted network locations for both Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Warning: The instructions below contain information on editing the Windows Registry. Use extreme caution when making any changes. It is highly recommended you perform a backup of the registry before proceeding. Incorrect changes to the registry can result in data loss and could render your operating system unusable.
To add the necessary settings, do the following:
- Within the Windows Start menu, type regedit in the Search programs and files box.
- Expand HKEY_USERS, S-1-5-21-<domain>, Software, Microsoft, Office, <Office version number>, Excel, and Security, and then click Trusted Locations.
- In the right pane, right-click in the blank area, click New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the value AllowNetworkLocations.
- Right-click AllowNetworkLocations, click Modify, type a 1 (one) in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- In the left pane, click Word, and then follow steps 3 through 5 for its Trusted Locations key.
Keywords: Protected View