Question / Problem:
MC license is expired. When entering the new license, we get an adjustment pop up stating: "The license units assigned to clusters is more than is available in the new license, the assign license dialog will open when you click OK."
When clicking on OK, nothing happens. and no pop up is displayed. MC is therefore inaccessible.
Answer / Solution:
This is a Bug: Bug 1471017:[MC] Unable to apply new license with fewer CRE, when old license is expired
1. Turn off Windows Time service.
2. Select the date before your old license is expired.
3. Start MC and go to MC -> Admin -> License.
4. Enter the new license. The dialog will pop up, so you will able to set CRE
5. Stop MC
6. Set the correct date and enable Windows Time service