Question / Problem:
How to add a proxy server IP used by the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF)?
Answer / Solution:
Setting Proxy for ALL robots using CEF
Starting in version 10.4 CEF uses the proxy set in Design Studio / Cluster Settings (when running on RoboServer).
For version 10.3.x.x (only):
On the machine where Design Studio is running:
- Go to the Kofax RPA\ Kapow installation folder: C:\Program Files\[release] \nativelib\hub\windows-x32\[id]\node_modules\cef
- Edit the cef.cfg file
- Add a line at the end with the ip and port of the proxy.
- Save the file . This will set the proxy for all CEF robots (running on the machine where the change was made).
(Changes will be reflected the next time CEF runs. e.g. the next CEF robot starts).
- Proxies set in cef.cfg have to be anonymous (i.e. you cannot specify id and password credentials)
- Starting in v10.4 CEF can use the proxy set in Design Studio Settings /Cluster Settings (where user/password can be used). For these versions, the Design Studio Settings should be used. Do not edit cef.cfg to add a proxy.
Setting Proxy for a single robot
To set a proxy in a single CEF robot you first have to open the CEF UI.
To do this add an Open step (v10.7 and earlier) or Browse step (v11.0 and later) to open the following URL: about:blank
After the CEF UI is loaded, use the highlighted button below to set the proxy. Configuration instructions can be found in the Kofax RPA Users Guide.
If the proxy requires authentication, CEF will prompt for the credentials after the page is reloaded:
After the proxy is set, open the page on which the robot should work.
|Kofax RPA||>= 10.3||Device/Desktop Automation|