Question / Problem:
Debug logs are sometimes needed for robots using the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) browser to track down execution problems.
Answer / Solution:
To enable debug logging for CEF follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Kapow Installation folder
by default, for versions 10.3 and earlier: C:\Program Files\Kapow <version>\
for versions 10.4 and later: C:\Program Files\Kofax RPA <version>\
- go into \nativelib\hub\windows-x32\<id>\node_modules\cef
- open cef.cfg in a text editor (you will need to be able to save changes)
- add the following two lines at the end
chrome:log-file = C:\Temp\debugCEF_10322.log
chrome:log-severity = verbose
Note: log-file can be different, but the folder has to already exist.
- Save cef.cfg (Changes will be reflected the next time CEF runs. e.g. the next CEF robot run).
- Re-run the robot
|RPA||10.3 and Later|