Question / Problem:
The robot needs to interact with a page using Flash, therefore this can't be done in webkit. How can Flash be enabled in a robot using Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF)?
Answer / Solution:
To enable Flash in CEF follow the steps below:
- Install the Adobe Flash plugin from here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/.
- Navigate to the Kofax RPA (Kapow) installation folder. By default C:\Program Files\Kofax RPA <version> (or C:\Program Files\Kapow <version>)
- Navigate to \nativelib\hub\windows-x32\<id>\node_modules\cef
- Open cef.cfg with a text editor (that will allow edits to the file - this depends on the user's permissions)
- Add the following line in the cef.cfg file:
chrome:enable-system-flash = true
- Save cef.cfg (Changes will be reflected the next time CEF runs. e.g. the next CEF robot run).
The settings above (install Adobe Flash and adding the switch in cef.cfg have to be done on all machines where the robot will run.
E.g. on the Design Studio where the robot will be built and on ALL RoboServers where the robot could run.