Question / Problem:
Enter Question here
Answer / Solution:
This article applies to Kofax RPA versions 11.0 and later.
For versions 10.3 - 10.7 see the related Knowledgebase article #307380.
Webkit is the default browser engine used in our normal editor for loading webpages. It emulates Mozilla Firefox, earlier versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Sometimes, there are pages that will not load in the webkit browser for various reasons you can read more about in Knowledgebase article #13342.
If a page will not load in webkit, you can use the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) option in our Device Automation editor. CEF is an embedded browser based on the Chromium web engine that is accessed through the Device Automation step without a remote device actually needed. To use Chromium within Kofax RPA, you will need a robot running in full execution mode in order to be able to use the Device Automation step that contains Chromium.I want to load my page in Google Chrome but the webkit browser isn't able to show it. Is there a way to get Chrome in Kofax RPA?
How to access the Chromium Browser in Kofax RPA:
- Create a Desktop Automation robot :
- Create a Web Automation robot in Smart Re-execution mode (leave URL field blank)
- In the Web Automation robot click "Prepare Execution"
- In the Web Automation robot add a Call Desktop Automation Workflow step
- Configure the Call Desktop Automation Workflow to call the Desktop Automation robot created at step 1 (use the "Workflow" dropdown):
Note: if step 1 was skipped or if a new workflow is needed, create a new Desktop Automation robot in the project at this time)
- From the Web Automation robot step into the Desktop Automation robot by clicking the button on the toolbar:
- Focus will be changed on the Desktop Automation robot and you will be allowed to add steps. Right click on the workflow nodes to see a menu of all steps. The step to load a page in Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) is the Browse step:
- Configure the Browse step
The options are detailed in the User Guide under the help for Browse step
- To exit the Desktop Automation step and go back into the Web Automation step (e.g. to add other web steps) click the button in the tool bar:
|RPA||11.0 and Later|