Question / Problem:
I want to load my page in Google Chrome but the webkit browser isn't able to show it. Is there a way to get Chrome in Kofax RPA?
Answer / Solution:
This article applies to Kofax RPA versions 10.3 to 10.7.
For version 11.0 and later see the related Knowledgebase article #3023591.
Webkit is the default browser engine used in our normal editor for loading webpages. It emulates Mozilla Firefox, earlier versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Sometimes, there are pages that will not load in the webkit browser for various reasons you can read more about in Knowledgebase article #13342.
If a page will not load in webkit, you can use the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) option in our Device Automation editor. CEF is an embedded browser based on the Chromium web engine that is accessed through the Device Automation step without a remote device actually needed. To use Chromium within Kofax RPA, you will need a robot running in full execution mode in order to be able to use the Device Automation step that contains Chromium.
Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) is only available in Kapow versions 10.3.x.x and Kofax RPA (v10.4.x.x and up)
How to access the Chromium Browser in Kofax RPA:
1. Create a robot with Smart Re-execution mode.
2. Add a Desktop Automation (DA) Step
3. Do not add anything in the Required Devices box, just click "Edit"
4. Right click on the first node and select to add an "Open Step".
5. In the URI, provide the full URL of the site to be loaded, including the http(s)://.
6. Click the next node or the "Step Over" button to execute the open step.