This article lists the main steps to follow when setting up Kofax Analytics for RPA.
Kofax Analytics for RPA is a custom project running on a base Kofax Insight environment. Therefore, the steps to install and configure Analytics combine steps specific to Insight and steps specific to Analytics.
Here is a diagram showing how RPA and Insight work together:
1. Installation files needed
1.1. Insight installation files
- Check which version of Insight is required for setting up Kofax Analytics for RPA. This depends on the Kofax RPA version and can be found in the corresponding Technical Specifications file. This file is located in Knowledgebase RPA section > Product Documentation
- Download this specific version of Insight from the download site.
Note: If you do NOT have a serial that allows you to download Insight, please contact Kofax Technical Support.
- Download Kofax Insight fix packs for this version (if any are available) from the Overview - Downloads page.
1.2. Analytics files
The only file specific for Kofax Analytics for RPA is the custom project archive. Follow these steps to obtain it:
2. Install and configure Insight
The Admin Guide corresponding to the version of Kofax RPA contains the steps to perform a basic Insight install under Kofax Analytics for RPA > Install and Configure Kofax Analytics for RPA > Install Kofax Insight.
For any advanced configuration of Insight, please consult the Insight documentation.
3. Import custom Analytics for RPA project into Insight
Follow the steps in the Admin Guide corresponding to the version of Kofax RPA > Kofax Analytics for RPA > Install and Configure Kofax Analytics for RPA.
Kofax RPA Documentation can be accessed from any machine where Kofax RPA is installed or online.
4. Data Source Configuration
Management Console and RoboServer(s) provide the raw data to the Insight project in two databases:
- Analytics Database: configure this in Management Console > Admin > Settings > Analytics database
This database will then be linked from the RPA Analytics project under Data Sources > Analytics
- RoboServer Log Database: configure this in Management Console > Admin > Settings > RoboServer Log Database
This database will then be linked from the RPA Analytics project under Data Sources > Logs
Process Discovery also provides data into its own database. This DB should be entered in the RPA Analytics project under Data Sources > erd_dean.
Note: If Process discovery is not running or not installed, erd_dean source can be left empty, it will not affect the rest of the functionality of the product (i.e. the RPA graphs).
|Kofax Analytics fro RPA||2.x|