Follow these steps to configure your Kofax Monitor installation to test for Management Console and Roboserver availabilty.
This example provides detailed steps for configuring Kofax Monitor to check Management Console and Roboserver (RS) Windows service availability. Although embedded MC is used here, the concept is the same when using Tomcat with the difference being the URL. Kofax Monitor is sold separately and not included with RPA. Contact your Kofax Sales team for more information.
Management Console Test:
1. Confirm MC is running and you can login.
2. From Monitor's Admin Console, right-click and create a new test using a wizard.
3. Select Web Wizard and click Next until you see the Record Test step.
1. Click the Record button. An IE browser will display.
2. In the URL field, enter the URL to MC:
3. Click Go. You will see MC display in the IE browser and an Add Test pop-up.
4. In the Response field, click the drop-down and select an element that is expected to display when MC is running. In the example above, the User Name text is tested.
5. Click Run Test and you should see the login page:
6. Close the test window and click Add Test. A new test for RPA's MC is created and added:
- Add a new test using wizard and select WMI Wizard:
2. Select the computer where the service is running:
3. Set WMI Class to Win32_Service
4. In the Find Value field, enter the name of your RS service and click Find Next to locate it:
5. The Entry column is the service number and all properties for that service number (127 in the example above). Select the DisplayName and State properties for your RS service, then click the last filter button to isolate those two results.
6. Select the DisplayName property and set the Comparison Test to Primary Key. This will be used to locate the test when the monitor runs. If this isn’t checked, all services are tested which will always return a failed status.
7. Provide a meaningful Resource Name and Test Description, then click Run Test to verify the test works. If the service is up, it will pass. If not, it will fail. The screenshot below shows the status with the “Turn on Debug Messages” option checked.
8. Click Add Test and Next to complete this setup. A new test is added. When you are ready to implement this into production, set the Monitor Type to Production.
Level of Complexity
7.x / 8.x
10.x / 11.x