How to enable debug logging for CEF Browser?
Debug logs are sometimes needed for robots using the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) browser to track down execution problems.
To enable debug logging for CEF follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Kapow Installation folder
by default, for versions 10.3 and earlier: C:\Program Files\Kapow <version>\
for versions 10.4 and later: C:\Program Files\Kofax RPA <version>\
- Go into \nativelib\hub\windows-x32\<id>\node_modules\cef
- Open cef.cfg in a text editor (you will need to be able to save changes)
- Add the following two lines at the end (Note: File may get large so use a drive with plenty of space):
chrome:log-file = C:\Temp\debugCEF_10322.log
chrome:log-severity = verbose
Note: log-file can be different, but the folder has to already exist. It's recommended to set this on a non-root drive.
- Save cef.cfg (Changes will be reflected the next time CEF runs. e.g. the next CEF robot run).
- Re-run the robot
Level of Complexity
Article # 3035688