After launching embedded Management Console, the command window or the web interface shows one of the following errors:
- “Failed to start management console. Java .sql.SQLException. Failed to create database 'scheduledb'”
- "Repository responded with an error: HTTP 1.1/404"
- "Spring Subsystem Failed to Load"
Also, in the Roboserver logs, there are multiple entries with the same error repeated over and over again, such as:
"HTTP 1.1/404 Could not connect to repository, retrying..."
When Management Console (MC) starts for the first time, it needs more time to start because it has to create all its temporary files and all the tables in its platform database (the "ScheduleDB" from the message is this DB). If the start process was interrupted (the command prompt is closed or the process is stopped with Ctrl+C), then some of the temp files or tables will not be created and may cause corruption to the ScheduleDB or the embedded Tomcat's files.
If this MC has never been used before (e.g. no robots, schedules, etc.), the fix is to remove the corrupted schedule DB and embedded Tomcat folder and then allow MC to completely load on the next launch.
- Go to the Application data folder of the user that started MC. If you were just starting it in a command prompt, it's the user you're logged-in to Windows with. The path is: C:\Users\UserRunningKapow\AppData\Local\Kapow\<version> in Windows and ~/.Kapow/<version> in Linux.
- Rename the Data folder to Data_old and delete the Temp folder. The MC will create new folders on the next successful launch.
- Start MC through the command prompt utilizing this command, "RoboServer -p 50000 -MC" below or simply clicking the Start Management Console option in the Windows Programs list.
- Wait for the "HTTP Connector on port 50080" message to appear in the command window. You can ignore any messages about not being able to connect to the cluster or repository that show up since these are still being created.
"HTTP Connector started on port 50080" is the indicator that MC has started correctly.
Generally, to avoid any errors from MC (mostly during first launch), do not stop the process before seeing "HTTP connector started on port...". In some rare situation, MC took up to 20 minutes to start on first launch.
|Kofax RPA||All Versions||Management Console|
|Kapow||All Versions||Management Console|