Question / Problem:
Description of Scenario:
After upgrading the SQL Server version used with Kofax TotalAgility and moving the databases to a new SQL Server computer, the KTA service account used to access the database server was deactivated on the old server.
However, connections to the old server are still being seen coming from the IIS Web service w3wp.exe in Task Manager creating the following error in the SQL logs.
Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\servicename'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database 'Database Name'. [CLIENT: XX.XX.XXX.XX]
Answer / Solution:
This behavior can be caused by data that is still cached in IIS. Resetting IIS using the command line statement "iisreset" will clear the cache and should resolve the error.
Steps to Resolve:
- Open a Command Prompt (with administrator privileges, if necessary) by typing cmd in the Windows Run command or open the Prompt from the Windows Start menu.
- Type iisreset at the prompt.
- Do this during non-working hours, if necessary.
- The command will run first stopping the service then restarting it.
- Do this on all KTA Web and App servers.
- Check that the error is no longer being reported.