How to configure KTA to use Adobe LiveCycle for Document Conversion
In order for KTA to be able to convert XFA forms to PDF documents, we need to use the "Flatten XFA forms to PDF/A Documents Using Adobe LiveCycle." feature.
This is configured in a Document Conversion Profile, and then used in a Document Conversion node.
If this is not configured in KTA, then XFA forms will not be converted/processed by KTA.
1. Open the Kofax Document Converter Configuration utility
2. Click the 'Advanced' button (top right corner). And in the Adobe LiveCycle section, fill in the fields for "Adobe LiveCycle Output Server URL", "Adobe LiveCycle User Name" and "Adobe LiveCycle Password".
3. Exit the Document Converter Configuration utility
4. Open Services, and restart the Kofax Transformation Server Service. This is necessary for the changes to take effect.
5. In the Document Conversion Profile, set the "Flatten XFA forms to PDF/A Documents Using Adobe LiveCycle" to 'Yes'
XFA Forms will now be converted and will be usable by KTA