Question / Problem:
I would like to force the Workqueue and the TakeNextActivity functionality to utilize the Job due date and not the activity due date. Since a job can have many activities, it does not make sense to have to update/modify these due dates multiple times when we could easily set it once on the job and have that be it
Answer / Solution:
- Job due dates ("Expected Duration") is shown below
- (a) Activity due date ('Doc Review Due date) is shown below
2. (b). Activity due date (Validation Due Date) is shown below
You want (2a and 2b, doc review due date and validation activity due date) to only show/have Job due date (1).
Follow the steps below:
- Log into KTA Designer and open the Process Designer.
- Unlock and open the intended KTA process for example shown below.
- Create A Date process variable as shown
- Add the date variable created above to the individual activities (document review and Validation activity) extended properties as shown
- Apply the same to the Validation Activity extended property.
- Click on "Release"
- Open the activity in workspace and you should have the following