Question / Problem:
Is there a documentation, or can someone advise, on what is updated when the Configuration Utility is used?
What tags are modified?
For example, switching from HTTP to HTTPS.
Answer / Solution:
From KTA 7.4 the configuration utility is provided with the installation media to allow smooth transition of KTA environments from HTTP to HTTPS, from Windows Authentication environment to manual authentication, and from switching the TotalAgility database.
In KTA 7.3 and below users have to manually change the configuration files in other to make it HTTPS and this has often resulted in missed configuration changes and triggering errors such as binding error.
With KTA 7.4 the configuration utility is introduced in other to reduce the manual configuration file changes.
When the Configuration utility is used to switch from HTTP to HTTPS it modifies the following configuration files
- \Program Files\Kofax\TotalAgility\Agility.Server.Web\Web.config
- \Program Files\Kofax\TotalAgility\Agility.Server.Web\bin\Agility.Server.StreamingService.exe.config
- \Program Files\Kofax\TotalAgility\CoreWorkerService\Agility.Server.Core.WorkerService.exe.config
When you use the configuration utility to change from http to https then the following tags are changed:
There are other tag changes that are made so in other to identify the tags that are changed then perform following the steps below (It is advisable to perform this steps in non-production environment and make sure that you achieve the desired result before making the changes on production environment)
- Back up the configuration files listed above.
- Perform the IIS changes as described in the installation media.
- Run the configuration utility as shown below
4. Accept "YES"
5. Make the configuration changes as shown
6. In KTA 7.4 you need to make the following additional changes
7. Accept "YES" to restart the services
8. Once completed, backup the configuration files listed above and use Note pad ++ (Notepad plus plus) to run a comparison of the configuration files listed above)