What are the steps for enabling additional logging for a Kofax TotalAgility (KTA) Web Server, App Server, or Web/App Server?
The following steps explain how to enable/disable additional logging for KTA:
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Kofax\TotalAgility\Agility.Server.Web. Substitute the drive letter used for the KTA installation if different from the C: drive.
2. Backup and open the web.config file in a text editor such as Notepad.
3. Navigate to the system.diagnostics section.
4. Remove the comment characters "<!—" and "-->" to uncomment the following lines:
<!--<add name="KTALog" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener" initializeData="d:\temp\KTALog.txt"> </add>-->
6. The preference would be a non-critical drive and ensure it exists: (eg D:\Temp in this example)
7. Verify that the IIS Application Pool user has Full Control of the log location folder.
8. Save the changes to the web.config file. These changes should take effect immediately without having to restart any services.
9. Replicate the behaviour that is to be captured in the logging. The results will be in the log file specified in the path.
10. Revert to the backed up config to disable the logging.
Do not leave the default KTA web logging enabled unmonitored for a long duration as it could fill your storage device. The application event log captures full-stack errors for the majority of troubleshooting purposes.
Level of Complexity