This article provides detailed instructions on how to collect Fiddler traces for both HTTP and HTTPs traffic.
- Download and install the latest Fiddler Classic version here (direct download).
- Launch Fiddler.
- From the Fiddler Menu, select File | Capture to stop capturing of traffic or hit F12 temporarily.
- From the Fiddler Menu, select Tools | Options.
- Change to the HTTPS tab.
- Enable the following settings:
- Capture HTTPS CONNECTs
- Decrypt HTTPS traffic
- (select) .....from all processes
- Accept the prompts to Trust and Install the Fiddler Root Certificate. (This step is required to decrypt HTTPS traffic).
- From the Fiddler Menu, select File | Capture to start capturing of traffic or hit F12.
- Once the issue has been reproduced, save the trace by selecting File | Save | All Sessions, and specify the Session Archive (.saz) filename and location.
- Zip up the .saz file and provide to your Support Engineer.
Level of Complexity
Add any references to other internal or external articles