How to collect a SQL DACPAC file
How do I collect a SQL DACPAC file?
For reference per Microsoft, this is what a DACPAC is:
Applies to: SQL Server (all supported versions) Azure SQL Database
A data-tier application (DAC) is a logical database management entity that defines all of the SQL Server objects - like tables, views, and instance objects, including logins - associated with a user's database. A DAC is a self-contained unit of SQL Server database deployment that enables data-tier developers and database administrators to package SQL Server objects into a portable artifact called a DAC package, also known as a DACPAC.
Statement above was retrieved from the following URL, but note the URL may differ over time:
1. Log into SQL Server Management Studio
2. In SQL Server Management Studio, select each database in turn, right-click and select Extract Data-tier Application. This will launch the Extract Data-tier wizard.
3. Click Next.
4. In the next screen, Set Properties, select a location to save the .dacpac file. Click Next.
5. In the next screen, you can review the settings and go back to change any if necessary. Click Next.
6. In the next screen, progress will be shown as the package is built, and should report success once completed. Click Finish to complete the process.
7. Attach the .dacpac file(s) to the support case
Level of Complexity