When connecting the Kofax Transformation Designer (KTD), to the Kofax TotalAgility (KTA) SDK services using HTTPS the error An error occurred while attempting to connect to the repository. Please check your connection and try again occurs.
This can be caused if the machine KTD is installed on doesn't trust the SSL certificate used by KTA.
Add the certificate to the trusted root certificates on the KTD machine (see references) or configure KTD to accept all certificates (see steps below).
- Close KTD
- Navigate to the KTD installation folder. Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\TotalAgility\Transformation Designer
- Take a backup copy of the Kofax.ProjectBuilder.exe.config file
- Open Kofax.ProjectBuilder.exe.config in a text editor, such as notepad.
- Add the AcceptAllCertificates key to the Kofax.ProjectBuilder.exe.config appSettings section
<appSettings> <add key="AcceptAllCertificates" value="true"/> ... </appSettings>
- Save and close the config file.
- Open Transformation Designer and try to connect again.
Level of Complexity
Article # 3035459