- TotalAgility 7.8 R2
Is it possible to manually upgrade the KTA databases to v7.8?
Yes, this is possible but not out of the box. Before performing the manual upgrade you will need to contact Kofax Technical Support for a copy of the Capture Migration Utility. This utility is responsible for migrating data from the v7.7 Documents DB schema to the redesigned v7.8 Documents DB schema.
To perform the manual database upgrade, you need to execute the following steps:
- Follow the Upgrade databases manually section in the Kofax TotalAgility Installation Guide
- After this has been done you will need to run the Capture Migration Utility
- Open the Kofax.TotalAgility.CaptureDataMigration.Console.exe.config
- Change the Main connection string to point your TotalAgility_Documents DB
- Save the config file
- Run the Kofax.TotalAgility.CaptureDataMigration.Console.exe from the command line with no arguments
If any errors occur, a Migration.log file will be created in the same folder as the executable. Please raise a new support case. Attach the Migration.log and a screenshot of command-line output after running the executable.