Question / Problem:
On a 7.7+ installation the KTA Serial is tied to an internal DB GUID. Prior to 7.7 the KTA Serial is tied to the MAC address for the Licence Server.
- When upgrading to 7.7 from a previous version, the Legacy MAC address mode is kept
- When installing a standalone Licence Server the Legacy MAC address is still used
How can I change the Licencing from using the Legacy MAC mode to the Advanced DB mode (7.7+)?
Answer / Solution:
After upgrading to KTA 7.7
After installing a standalone Licence Server
- Stop the License Service
- Edit the License Service Configuration File:
- Located by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\TotalAgility\LicenseServer\KSALicenseService.exe.config
- License server ID (1 = Primary, 2 = Backup)
- Connection String to the KTA database:
- On-Premise = Main DB
- OPMT = Data Center Tenants
- Update credentials for licensing service with an account that can access the DB and local storage
- Start Licence Service
- Initiate the process to clear the old MAC association in order to activate the Serial against the new DB GUID
How can I tell if my license server is using Legacy MAC mode or Advanced DB mode?
The "License Service Started" log message (both event viewer and Lic_yymm.txt) will indicate the mode:
When running in Advanced DB mode, the message shows:
License Service Started (mode = Advanced)
When running in Legacy MAC & file system mode, the message shows:
License Service Started (mode = Legacy)