- KTA 7.4
- As KTA comprises on many components, these components will have logging available. Logging is paramount to getting a detailed understanding of what exactly happened at the time of an issue. As such, it is good to understand fully the limits and characteristics of the more commonly used logs in KTA.
- Please find a detailed description below the title and location of each type of logging:
The OpenAPI SDK is used by a 3rd party component (Konica Minolta).
I have attached the App developers guide for your reference. This SDK produces the log ﬁle OpenAPISDK.log. Please review the pages 527 – 529 for further information on what we have summarized below:
The following conﬁguration settings can be applied for logging:
- MaxSize: Specify the maximum size of the log ﬁle in MB
- OutputFolder: Specify the directory to which the log ﬁle is output. (It can be either absolute path or relative path)
- OutputType: Specify the level of the output log
This is an extract taken from the OpenAPI Application Developer’s guide: The Open API SDK will create OpenAPISDK1.log in the directory speciﬁed in OutputFolder and output a log. If the size of OpenAPISDK1.log exceeds the ﬁle size speciﬁed in MaxSize, it creates OpenAPISDK2.log and switches the log ﬁle. Additionally, if the size of OpenAPISDK2.log exceeds the ﬁle size speciﬁed in MaxSize, create OpenAPISDK1.log again and switches the log ﬁle.
The licensing folder doesn’t contain actual logs, but ﬁles with the license usage data. The data in this folder will not grow therefore it does not require maintenance.
In KTA the circular logging rule is set to 10x5MB for each log.
So, the maximum volume will be 50 Mb for Worker log + 50 MB for each tenant log. For OP installation maximum volume will be 50 + 50 = 100 MB.
Both size and amount of ﬁles are customizable via log4net.conﬁg
Insight uses the Log4net library for its logging. Logging is enabled by default, but it can be disabled by setting log4 net threshold="OFF". Log ﬁles are overwritten when they exceed 10MB. All log4net logging conﬁg is stored in corresponding web.conﬁg ﬁles. The location of the output log ﬁle is conﬁgurable. Please ﬁnd further information regarding Insight Logging in the attached document ‘Insight_Log_Files’.
D:\Program Files\Kofax\TotalAgility\Transformaion Server\KofaxCPUServerLog.log
Every time the Transformation Server service starts, if there is an existing log ﬁle it is saved and a new one will be created when there is something to log. The most recent 10 log ﬁles are kept, older ones are deleted. Additionally, Wraparound can be controlled by using a RollingFlatFileTraceListener from Enterprise Library through conﬁguration.
Keywords: logging, log files,