Question / Problem:
The Kofax MFP Client displays the Form Shortcuts without requiring the user to login, even when "Allow login" has been enabled in Device Profiles | Default Profile | Logon.
Answer / Solution:
Form Shortcuts that are associated with a Device Profile will be displayed in the MFP Client on those MFP devices that are associated with the Device Profile, regardless of whether the user is logged in or not. Associating the Form Shortcut with the Device Profile makes it a Global Form Shortcut.
To restrict the Form Shortcut to only those users who are logged into the MFP Client and whose KTA accounts have the appropriate permission:
1. Log into the KTA Designer
2. Navigate to System Settings | Devices | Device Profiles
3. Select the Device Profile and click Edit
4. On the Associated Forms tab, from the Associated list, select the form shortcuts that you wish to restrict to logged-in users and use the left arrow button to move the shortcuts to the Available list.
5. Click Save
6. In the Form Designer, grant the necessary users or groups access to the Device_Scan form(s).