Question / Problem:
How to download Kofax Ricoh MFP Java Client Debug logs from a Ricoh MFP device to the KTA database and collect the logs from the KTA dataase.
Answer / Solution:
When troubleshooting issues with the Kofax MFP Client, it may be necessary to obtain the Kofax Ricoh MFP Java Client debug logs from the MFP device.
The following procedure will enable a Ricoh MFP to collect the Kofax Ricoh MFP Java Client debug logs and write them to the KTA database:
- From any PC that can connect to the MFP, open the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Telnet into the MFP device using the following command, where <device ip> is the IP address of the MFP device:
telnet <device ip> 4242
Note: The Microsoft Windows Telnet Client is not installed by default in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008R2, Server 2012, and Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, or Server 2019. To install the Microsoft Windows Telnet Client, enter the following command:
- Once the telnet connection has been established, enter the following command:
- As the MFP collects the debug logs, it will write them to the
req_queuefolder on the MFP device. After the contents of the debug log files have been sent to the KFS server, the MFP will delete the files from this folder. The process is complete once all the files have been deleted from the
Periodically enter the following command to display the current list of files in the
When no more files remain in the
req_queuefolder, enter the following command to close the connection to the MFP and exit telnet:
- Log into the KTA Designer and navigate to
- KTA 7.5 and lower:
System | Devices
- KTA 7.6 and higher:
System | System Settings | Capture | Devices
- Click the link for the Ricoh MFP Device from which the logs were collected
- Click Download Log
- Save the log to the local PC
This procedure does not apply to the Ricoh KFS MFP Android Client