Changing KTA components install drive
What KTA components can be installed on a non-Operating Sytem drive?
When installing KTA you can choose the desired installation directory (e.g. D:\Kofax) in the installation UI.
However some components are still installed on the OS drive (usually C:\ drive) even though D:\ was specified during the install:
- Message Connector is installed by default to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\KIC-ED\MC. You can move this component to another drive by following these steps
- Export Connector utility is installed by default to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\TotalAgility\ExportConnectors\bin. You can move this component to another drive by following these steps
What about Transformation components?
Transformation Server (TS) and Transformation Designer (TD) can be installed to another drive during installation.
Note: TD is still installed to the OS drive (usually C:\ drive) when installed as part of the KTA installation. If the standalone TD is installed instead then you can choose to install to another drive.
However, there are many components shared between the two "products" that are installed in the “Common files” area under “Program Files (x86)” which would be on the C: drive if Windows is configured that way.
Since they are used by both "products", these components should not be installed in their respective installation folders as it tends to cause problems when one of them gets uninstalled. This is standard Windows practice.
In addition, many libraries are installed in the GAC (Global Assembly Cache), which is also usually on the C:\Windows folder.
Additionally, by default TS caches data in the C:\ProgramData\Kofax\TS folder however this can be changed to another drive/folder by following the steps in this KB article
How to move Message Connector to another drive?
- Uninstall Message Connector from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Install the Message Connector using the <Installation Media>\KIC\Export\MC\Setup.exe and specify the other drive in the install location
- You can remove/delete and files still existing at C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\KIC-ED
How to move the Export Connector utility to another drive?
- Uninstall any installed export connectors from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Edit the following registry setting:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Kofax Image Products\Ascent Capture\3.0\ExePath
- Change the value to the desired drive, for example D:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\TotalAgility\ExportConnectors\bin
- Copy all the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\TotalAgility\ExportConnectors to D:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\TotalAgility\ExportConnectors
- Delete the original files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\TotalAgility\ExportConnectors
- Now when installing any export connectors choose the new drive as the location
Level of Complexity
Add any references to other internal or external articles