Question / Problem:
How can additional logging be enabled to trace a FineReader error?
Answer / Solution:
If an error occurs when performing OCR in Transformation Designer specifically when using FineReader, then additional logging can be enabled which may assist in troubleshooting the problem. It may additionally be helpful to collect a Process Monitor trace while doing this.
- Close Transformation Designer if already open.
- Create the following registry key if it does not exist: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kofax\Transformation\4.0\FineReader
- Create a string value named EnableLogs set to “true”
- Open Transformation Designer and reproduce the error.
- Because the volume of information in the logs is high, it is important to delete the FineReader key or set EnableLogs to false.
- Provide the MpsFR*.log file in the %TEMP% folder.
Guided Batch Script
The attached zip file contains a batch script and Process Monitor filter file that helps in going through these steps.
- Extract the zip file to a local folder.
- Download Process Monitor to the same folder.
- Right click on the batch script and Run as Admin.
- Follow the steps as presented, and provide the resulting files.
|KTA||7.8 and earlier|