Question / Problem:
When installing/upgrading TotalAgility (KTA) or an associated fix pack an "Error copying files" error appears in the summary of the installation.
Answer / Solution:
There could be various reasons as to the cause of this particular error, such as a lack of permissions to write to the file location. The installation erro log will provide more details. In versions of KTA prior to v7.9 the installation error log will be located on the Desktop of the computer where the installation is run. In v7.9 or higher the installation error log will be located in the folder where the install 'setup.exe' file is located.
The following error may appear in the log.
"Error Occurred when copying file: Agility.Sdk.Model.dll System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Kofax\TotalAgility\Agility.Server.Web\bin\XXX.dll' because it is being used by another process."
This error means that the file is currently in use while the installation is trying to run. Here are steps that can be taken to prevent this error.
- Confirm that there are no users currently logged into any KTA applications, such as Designer or Workspace and close all browser tabs.
- Stop all Windows services related to TotalAgility.
- Open Task Manager and end task on all Kofax and TotalAgility related processes.
- Copy the Installation ZIP file to a folder with a short path, such as C:\Install.
- Unblock the ZIP file in the File Properties before unzipping the file.
- Now run the setup.exe install file as an administrator with the proper permissions and verify that the installation completes successfully.