- Invoice Processing Agility: 1.0 and higher
- When attempting to save Field changes and create/update document variants, the following error is seen in the SCM Trace.log
2017-05-04 09:46:51,022  ERROR Configurator.Web.Core.BaseClass.BasePage (null) - System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1 Configurator.Web.DocumentTypeVariantServiceReference.CustomExceptionDetail]:
The document type does not exist. (Fault Detail is equal to Configurator.Web.DocumentTypeVariantServiceReference.CustomExceptionDetail).
Thus, the document variants are not created /updated based on the SCM changes.
- The above error relates to the unique object ID for Document Variants. On most systems the preconfigured ID that ships with IPA is correct for Invoices class. On some systems however, the ID may differ and will require an update in web.config file.
To resolve the issue:
- Launch SQL Server and Open the TotalAgility database.
- Select the Top 1000 records of DOC_TYPE_VARIANT
- Review the Doc_Type_ID(ignore the 0x) and make a note of the value for the IPAVariant_Invoices_0
- Open the web.config file in IPA and locate the 'KTADocTypeID'. This should match what is in the database (excluding 0x)
- If they are not matching, update the web.config file and save it.
- Note: saving the web.config file will restart the Application Pool.
Keywords: IPA; SCM; field change; document variant;