When attempting to install an export connector (Text, Database, etc.), the installer rolls back with "...ended prematurely" message.
There are currently two known causes of this issue, documented below
One possible cause of this issue is that the SessionId in the RegAscSc.Exe.Config is incorrect/missing
Another cause of this issue could be due to having changed the environment from using HTTP to HTTPS (or vice versa)
- Locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\TotalAgility\ExportConnectors\bin folder
- Open the RegAscSc.Exe.Config file and search for DefaultSessionId
- Verify that the DefaultSessionId matches the System SessionId from the KTA Designer (System Settings Module -> System Settings),
- If the two SessionIds do not match, update the RegAscSc.Exe.Config to match the System Session Id
- Save the config file and rerun the Export Connector Installation.
If changing from HTTP to HTTPS, the following steps would be relevant.
If changing from HTTPS to HTTP, use HTTP in the URL and <httpTransport authenticationScheme="Negotiate".
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\TotalAgility\ExportConnectors\bin
- Open the file RegAscSc.exe.config
- Search for "CoreServicesLocation"
- Modify the URL to use HTTPS and update the port to the correct SSL port
- Search for binding name="CustomBinding_CoreService"
If the transport is currently set to: <httpTransport authenticationScheme="Negotiate"
- Change it to: <httpsTransport authenticationScheme="Anonymous":
- Verify that the RegAscSc.Exe.Config System DefaultSessionId matches the System SessionId from the KTA Designer (System Settings Module -> System Settings)
- Save the config file
- Ensure that the CustomBinding_CoreService in the TotalAgility web.config (C:\Program Files\Kofax\TotalAgility\Agility.Server.Web) is configured in the same way
i.e. <httpsTransport authenticationScheme="Anonymous"
- Save the web.config if you have made any changes
- Re-run the Export Connector installer
Level of Complexity
Article # 3035534