Kofax TotalAgility v7.7 and above
Summary of Issue
After adding a Named Entity Locator in Transformation Designer, and following this section of the help to add custom Entities
We are now in a position to test our locator
We find that some results are returned for our custom entities, but some are missing
There are some scoring discrepancies between our version of the Salience engine (6.4) and the current version (6.6),
In v6.4, the entities are getting detected but the way entity scoring works in this version results in the OOTB tag winning out over the custom entity.
There is however, a simple solution that will enable us to see all the entities that were found in the document regardless of their scoring.
This setting is Entity Overlap - this setting allows entities to be detected in the same location.
To set the Entity Overlap setting, please follow these steps:
- Ensure the project is closed in Transformation Designer
- Go to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Kofax\NLP
- Open the file Kofax.NLP.Salience.Process.exe.config with a text editor
- Add following app setting and save the config file:
- <add key="EntityOverlap" value="true" />
- Open the Project & test again