The System Information form was created by Technical Support to gather in-depth environmental information including configs/logs, components/services installed in a Kofax TotalAgility host machine. It also collects database sizes, schemas, and high-level activity, job, tasks information.
- All supported versions of Windows (server and client) with WMI connectivity.
- Supports KTA 7.7 or above. For previous versions, you can use the System Information desktop app version found here
- Support KTA OP, OPMT and RTTS installation modes.
- Requires the KTA service account to have administrator permissions.
- Download the TechSupportSystemInfo form
- Import the TechSupportSystemInfo package using the KTA Designer with the import option "non-versioned items" enabled on the target machine.
- Log into the KTA workspace, then browse the form TechSupportSystemInfo.form.
- Enter Kofax install folder location eg C:\Program Files\Kofax
- Enter a hostname of a KTA installation in the same KTA deployment. You localhost TA app pool service account will require administrator and WMI access to the hostname.
- If you're using OPMT, a Tenant data source textbox will appear. The Tenant data source can be found in the Tenant details form within Tenant Management Site.
- Select which information you want to gather. Note: Database sizes and schemas will take some time. Typically allow 30 minutes if both are selected.
- Press Run and wait until all tasks complete.
- Once completed, click download and attach the zip to your Kofax Support case.
Note: If it is unable to connect to a host, you may be able to run the System Information desktop app locally on the machine. The app can be found here.
- Install Programs (updated to check using the registry)
- Kofax registry keys
- .NETFramework registry versions
- Kofax config and log files
- .NET machine and IIS configs
- IIS logs (if exists in default location)
- All KTA Installation error logs
- All CEBPMDatabaseErrorLogs
- All Transformation Installation logs
- Application event log -unfiltered
- System event log -unfiltered
- Security event log -unfiltered
- Detailed Operating System info
- Detailed Service Info
- System Info including Windows updates
- All Kofax file versions List
- KTA Database schemas
- KTA Database sizes
- High-level KTA activity, job and worker task information
Some customers may restrict information such as server names. If this is the case, it is possible to redact the information in the generated zip folder before attaching to your Kofax support case.