In Validation when a user clicks on the document, the following error is displayed:
"Folder can't be locked since its hierarchy contains locked by 'Name user' folder(s).
If you need technical assistance, reference action: ValidationControlLoadBatchAction."
It could be that a session was not closed as expected and left the folder in locked state.
e.g. closing the browser without cancelling a capture activity (Document Review, Validation etc)
Here we have 2 options how to unlock that.
- Find the job that is using the folder in the Workspace using the Jobs/Find menu
- Search for the Job ID and select the job to open the details.
- In the tree list on the left side select the last option called "Unlock."
- It should show the locked folder and who has it locked.
- Select the locked folder and Unlock it by clicking the option unlock.
Another option is:
If the folder cannot be unlocked using above way, you can use the ForceUnlockItem API call from KTA SDK
Level of Complexity