Question / Problem:
ePortal uses three Converter functions to convert different file formats into the needed eFLOW TIF format. The three Converters are:
Used to convert HTML files into TIF files
Used to convert TIF, TIFF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, PDF, DOC, DOCX, DOCM, DOT, DOTX, HTML, HTM, XHTML, MHT, MHTML, ODT, RTF, TXT, XML, XLS, XLTX, XLSX, XLTM, XLSM, ODS, CSV, PPS, PPT, POT, ODP, PPSX, POTX, PPTX Files
This converter can create PRD files for all PDF TEXT to avoid creating them by the full page engine.
This specific problem is in regards to the Aspose converter, as all color files are converter by Aspose only. Aspose has different settings, which may change the apperance of the resulting TIF files.
Our example in this KB Article will be, that a color PDF file is imported into eFLOW with a non recognized Invoice Number, as there is a color background. This color background in our example converts the Invoice Number and the field itself on the TIF file to a black rectangle.
A recognition of the Invoice Number is not possible anymore.
Answer / Solution:
The solution is to add a custom Aspose Converter setting in ePortal.appconfig for the Mail sender, where you get frequently mails with color files.
ePortal will check in it's database, if there is a special converter setting for the Mail Senders address first, before applying the default conversion logic.
How to set this up:
- Insert into the ePortal Table "converterConfigs" your name of the Setting. In our case "Test"
- Insert into the ePortal Table "senders" the full mail address or part of the mail address and the configId from the step before. The mail address needs to be sufficient to determine which mails should be processed by this converter. In our case it is "@kofax.com"
- Copy the Default <SpecialConfig> part from your ePortal.appconfig file and paste it in <SpecialConfigs> below the Default part.
- Remove Winnovative and PRDConverter.
- Change your Aspose Converter Settings as necessary in your case
- Restart ePortal to get the new settings
When a mail is imported from the Mail Sender you have specified, the SpecialConverter Settings are used. In our case "Test":