QAID # 17345 Published
Question / Problem:
Advanced Zone Locator: Vote Between Different Engines
Answer / Solution:
How to vote between different engines in an Advanced Zone Locator
It is possible to use multiple engines in an Advanced Zone Locator to increase accuracy. Duplicate zones are created using different engines to read the same area, and the most confident result is selected.
To implement voting, use the following steps:
- Open the Advanced Zone Locator.
- Create the first zone; I've named mine "Name_KADMOS" - it uses a KADMOS OCR profile, and it's drawn around a customer name field.
- On the Zones tab of the AZL properties, select the first zone and click "Copy for voting;" this creates a duplicate of the first zone.
- Still on the Zones tab, select the new zone and change its profile; I changed mine to "FR_MachineAlphanum"
- Still on the Zones tab, select the new zone and give it a better name. I named mine "Name_FR".
- Switch to the Subfields tab of the AZL properties and remove all subfields associated with these two zones; we're going to create our own subfield.
- Create one single subfield which we'll use for the "Name;" ensure that the "Result" is set to "Best". I named mine "SF_Name."
- In the Zone/Subfield Mapping area, assign both zones to this subfield. Both zones will be evalulated, and the "best" selected to be output.
Screenshots of the locator after I'm done: