QAID # 17605 Published
Question / Problem:
Manually Register an Advanced Zone Locator
Answer / Solution:
- You may have a case where structured information "moves" around a document, so that the AZL's Registration, Automatic or OCR, does not work. In this case, the following method can be used to move the zones of the AZL, in order to find the fields that you need to read.
- From 4.5 onwards, manual anchoring can do the job for you in most cases.
This example makes use of the following components:
- Format Locator - Used for the registration, or anchor point of the zones.
- Script Locator - Used to relocate the zones, based upon the Format Locator anchor values.
- Advanced Zone Locator- Used to read the zones on the form.
Here are some screen shots of the structured information that "moves" around the form:
Click this link to download the zipped example project: Locators - AZL - Relocate Fields (Created with V3.1)