How to set up oracle database driver for KTM databases?
Oracle database connection fails in Project Builder or Validation.
If you are using an Oracle database, it is necessary to install the Oracle driver.
You can install the driver by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Oracle driver website at https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/dotnet-odacdeploy-downloads.html.
- Under to ODAC XCopy section, download the " ODAC XCopy 64-bit ODAC 19.3" driver zip file. (It may be required to create a free account.)
- Unzip the Oracle driver zip file.
- From the extracted files, copy <extractedfiles>\odp.net4\odp.net\managed\common\Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll and copy it to the following locations on the server where Kofax Transformation Modules is installed.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Kofax\Components
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Transformation
Important If the installation path has been configured to use a different location than the default path, then please adjust accordingly.
- Restart the Kofax Transformation Modules - Scheduler service. The service restarts and it is now possible to configure an oracle database connection.
- If you want to use the Oracle database for the DB lookup button in validation then do the same on these stations, too.
(Steps are mentioned in the KTM 6.4 and KTM 7.0 Installation Guides in chapter Install Oracle drivers for Kofax Transformation Modules)
The ODAC driver is only for the method to connect directly to the Oracle database. And yes the description in the documentation is fully correct: you don't have to install the ODAC but just to copy the required dll at correct location.
The ODBC usage is not documented for the installation because it is third party and not related to the Kofax product directly since the ODBC database is an interface for it. Kofax does not recommend this method for Oracle and MS SQL databases which have a direct access more efficient.
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Transformation Module||6.4|
|Kofax Transformation Module||7.0|
Add any references to other internal or external articles