QAID # 14043 Published
Question / Problem:
Why wont't the "KTM scheduler" service start?
Answer / Solution:
There are various symptoms when the "KTM scheduler" service won't start:
- KTM scheduler fails to start with any user.
- The following message is present in the KTM Service log:
"Could not connect to net.tcp://localhost:5000/SchedulerSessionPipe. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:00.9844002. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:5000."
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue:
- Check that access to port 5000 is enabled.
To change the port, create a new String Value named
- Remove the machine from the domain.
- Disable anti-virus software, if any.
- Reinstall KTM.
- Configure the anti-virus software (if any) with the exclusions listed in QAID 11948.
- Return the machine to the domain.
- Renable the anti-virus software (if any).