QAID # 13619 Published
Question / Problem:
What are the differences between the KTM Validation rich client versus the KTM Thin Client Validation modules?
Answer / Solution:
Beginning on the bottom of page 335 of the KTM 4.5 Configuration Guide:
There are several differences between Validation and Thin Client Validation.
The biggest difference is that Thin Client Validation runs in a Web browser while Validation requires software to be installed on the operator's computer.
- This is a Web-based application so you need to log on.
- There is no status bar at the bottom of the window. Instead, there is a status footer inside the Web browser window.
- There are no module Options so you cannot configure batches to open automatically, change the “End of Batch Behavior”, or other batch settings.
- Pressing F1 launches the Web browser Help and not the Thin Client Validation Help. Instead, you will need to click on the Help option inside the application.
- Panels cannot be floated. Instead, unnecessary frames can be collapsed to maximize the space available to other frames.
- You cannot use masking on the validation form.
- You cannot customize the toolbar, or rearrange the order of the toolbar. Folders are not supported.
- You will not see custom field labels on the validation form. All fields are displayed with the field name assigned in Extraction Design by the solution integrator.
- You cannot rotate images.
- Kofax Capture Single sign-on is not supported.
- Partial Batch Release is not supported.
- If you are running multiple steps of validation, Thin Client Validation cannot be used.
- You cannot edit the batch structure (split, merge, move documents and pages)
- You cannot toggle automatic focus on or off.
- There is no In Place Editor.
- You cannot double-click on a word in the image to validate a field (clicking will still add the text).
- Some script hooks are not available based on validation form events. For more information, refer to the Scripting Help.
- Tables sums are not supported.
- Thin Client Validation does not support the “Use as display field” option in Synchronization. Instead, the display name is the form type.