Question / Problem:
What are the Best Practices for performing an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 on a system that already has Kofax Express 3.2 installed?
Answer / Solution:
Kofax Express 3.2 is designed to survive an in-place upgrade from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10. However, the Windows 10 installer has been known to remove necessary files from software applications, including Kofax Express, during the upgrade process.
Kofax recommends the following procedure to ensure that the Kofax Express data and licensing are not adversely affected by an in-place Windows 10 upgrade:
- Deactivate the Kofax Express license
- Back up the
C:\ProgramData\Kofax\Kofax Express 3.2folder and its contents to an external storage device
- Perform the upgrade installation to Windows 10
- Attempt to run Kofax Express. If it does not run without errors, perform a repair installation.
- Copy the contents of the backed-up
Kofax Express 3.2folder back into the
C:\ProgramData\Kofax\Kofax Express 3.2folder.
- Run Kofax Express and reactivate the license.