QAID # 20012 Published
Question / Problem:
Attempts to view color TIFF images that were exported from Kofax Express in the Windows Photo Viewer result in the following error message:
Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because the file appears to be damaged, corrupted, or is too large.
Answer / Solution:
Kofax Express can be configured to export TIFF images using the following compression methods:
- TIFF – Tagged Image File Format – Kofax
- TIFF – Tagged Image File Format – LZW Compression
- TIFF – Tagged Image File Format – Technical Note 2
- TIFF – Tagged Image File Format – Uncompressed
TIFF – Tagged Image File Format – Kofax options export bitonal TIFF images using TIFF G4 compression and export color TIFF images using the form of JPEG compression described in the original TIFF 6.0 specification. The Windows Photo Viewer does not support this form of JPEG compression.
To configure Kofax Express to export color TIFF images that can be read by the Windows Photo Viewer:
- In Kofax Express, select the Job Setup tab.
- Click the wrench next to the Export Connector.
- In the File Type field, select either the
Tech Note 2, LZW Compression, or
- Click OK.