Question / Problem:
How to install a Kofax Export Connector for use by both Kofax Express and Kofax Capture when both Express and Capture are installed on the same machine.
Answer / Solution:
Many Kofax Export Connectors are supported for use with both Kofax Capture and Kofax Express. Installing Kofax Capture and Kofax Express on the same PC is an officially supported configuration. Therefore it is possible to install a Kofax Export Connector for use by both Kofax Express and Kofax Capture.
To install a Kofax Export Connector for use by both Kofax Express and Kofax Capture on the same machine:
- Close Kofax Express and all Kofax Capture modules and services.
- Install the Kofax Export Connector using its installer. The installer will automatically register the export connector with Kofax Capture.
- Note the installation path where the Kofax Export Connector is installed
- Open Kofax Express using the "Run as administrator" option
If Kofax Express is not run "as administrator", the registration of the Kofax Export Connector will fail.
- Click the globe in the upper left corner to open the Kofax Express Main Menu
- Click Options
- Click Export Connectors
- Click Add
- Navigate to the Kofax Export Connector's installation path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Capture\bin
- Select the Kofax Export Connector's
.inffile and click Open
- In the Add Export Connectors window, select the export connector and click Register