Question / Problem:
What are the Best Practices for migrating Kofax Express to a new computer?
Answer / Solution:
The following Best Practices will ensure a transition to a new PC that is as seemless and painless as possible:
On the Old PC:
- Export all Batches from all Jobs
This will significantly reduce the amount of data that must be transferred to the new PC. It also reduces the chances of any potential batch corruption or data loss.
- Deactivate the Kofax Express License
- Open Kofax Express.
- Select the Help ribbon.
- Click the Deactivate button.
- Write down the Part Number, Serial Number, and Product Code. This information will be used to reactivate the license on the new PC.
- Click Deactivate.
- A success message will appear. Click OK.
- Back up the Kofax Express Application, Job, and Scanner Settings
- Navigate to
- Back up the
\Kofax Express 3.2folder and all its contents to a network location or removable media
- Navigate to
On the New PC:
- Install the scanner's ISIS driver
The scanner's ISIS driver can be downloaded from the scanner manufacturer's website. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for installing the driver and connecting the scanner.
- Install Kofax Express 3.2
The Kofax Express 3.2 installation media can be downloaded from delivery.kofax.com with a valid Kofax Express maintenance contract.
- Install the latest Fix Pack for Kofax Express 3.2
- Activate the Kofax Express license
If the new PC has multiple network interfaces (such as a LAN port, WiFi, and/or VPN), use the instructions in KB #16104 to activate the license
- Open Kofax Express
- Select the Help ribbon
- Click the Activate button
- Enter the user's name, company, and email address in the User Identification section. Entering accurate information in these fields makes it possible to recover the license in case the license information is lost.
- Enter the Part Number, Serial Number, and Product Code in the Product Identification section
- Click Activate
5. Restore the Kofax Express Application, Job, and Scanner Settings
- Close Kofax Express
- Copy the backed up \Kofax Express 3.2 folder from the network location or removable media to C:\ProgramData\Kofax
- When prompted, choose Replace and apply that decision to all files and folders.