Question / Problem:
After launching Kofax Express 3.x it appears that a previously created Job is missing from the console.
Answer / Solution:
This this behavior is observed when the Job has become corrupted. In some instances this may be corrected if only when the header file has been affected.
The steps below may be followed:
- Close the Kofax Express console by selecting the button in the upper left hand corner and selecting exit.
- Browse to the affected job
C:\ProgramData\Kofax\Kofax Express 3.1\Jobs\Jobname\D
- Backup the files in this directory
- Confirm that Job.JobHeader is blank or corrupted by right clicking on the file and select “Edit”.
Example of an undamaged header file:
JobHeader 2 8 %CommonApplicationData%\Kofax\Kofax Express 3.1\Batches 0 0 0 Batch002 -8587924874825066515
- Confirm that data is present in the Job.JobProfile and Job.ScannerProfile.
- Delete sessions files that exists. They will end with a .JobSession extention.
- Replace the Job.Jobheader from another job such as the sample job “Patient Records”
C:\ProgramData\Kofax\Kofax Express 3.2\Jobs\(Other Job*)\D\Job.JobHeader
- Launch Application
- Depending on the job.header used it will default to a scan source of that header. “Patient Records” uses “Folderscan” so you will need to adjust the source accordingly by selecting Scan Settings| Select and pick the desired source.