QAID # 12976 Published
Question / Problem:
How to deactivate a Kofax Express Software License
Answer / Solution:
Prior to deactivating a Kofax Express software license, please make sure that the computer has an active Internet connection. If the computer is not connected to the Internet, please see QAID 12975 for instructions on deactivating a Kofax Express License without an Internet connection.
A Kofax Express software license must be manually deactivated in the software application. If an attempt is made to uninstall Kofax Express while the license is still active, a warning message will appear, instructing the user to Cancel the uninstall and manually deactivate the software license.
To manually deactivate a Kofax Express software license
- Open Kofax Express.
- Select the Help ribbon.
- Click the Deactivate button.
- The Deactivate Kofax Express screen will display the license information. Please copy this information for future license activations. Click Deactivate.
- A success message will appear. Click OK.
To verify that the license has been deactivated
- Select the Help ribbon in Kofax Express.
- Click About.
- The About Kofax Express screen will display the License level as Demo and the License state as Deactivated.